L-istandards għal-lukandi u n-negozji tal-ospitalità l-oħra
We welcome listings hosted by professional hospitality businesses on Airbnb that offer unique spaces and personal hospitality to the Airbnb community.
Airbnb has some guidelines for the types of hotels and professional hospitality businesses. By listing as a hotel or professional hospitality business you represent that:
- Your properties have appropriate business licenses (where applicable)
- You are legally responsible for property management and authorized to sell rooms within the property (as a hotel or professional hospitality business) directly to the public
Properties should have a unique, independent environment and style (for example, boutique or lifestyle hotels, not mass-market chains). Some of the qualities that make these properties a particularly good fit for Airbnb include:
- Vibrant common gathering spaces and/or events
- Guest rooms with personal touches that are individually unique and/or local in design
- High-quality photos on the listing page that showcase the design of the property and what guests can expect
- Accessibility features that are helpful to guests with limited mobility
Along with our basic requirements for hosts, these standards for hotels and unique spaces help ensure that we’re meeting guests’ expectations.
Affected property types
Airbnb's standards for hotels and other hospitality businesses apply to the following property types:
- Boutique hotel
- Bed & breakfast
- Serviced apartment
- Casa particular
- Heritage hotel
- Nature lodge
For new listings, the review will begin once a listing is published. We also conduct a retroactive review of all existing listings. You can continue hosting as usual during the review process.
If a listing doesn’t meet our standards
If your listing doesn’t meet our standards, you’ll receive an email letting you know. If the issue is that you’ve chosen an incorrect or ineligible property type, or that your listing does isn't categorized correctly within the new categorization system, you can update the property type. Here’s how:
- Click the link in the email or go directly to Listings
- Choose a different property type
- Publish the listing
If you choose another property type that requires a review, the process will start again.
Listings that don’t meet our standards may be permanently removed from Airbnb.
HotelTonight is a hotel booking platform that is part of the Airbnb family that carries a wider selection of properties, including large, chain brands. If you’re interested in adding your property to HotelTonight, visit the HotelTonight partners page.