Kif jistgħu l-Organizzaturi tal-Esperjenzi u l-Avventuri ta' Airbnb jħejju lill-parteċipanti għall-attivitajiet fiżiċi?
Airbnb has partnered with the American Red Cross and the International Federation of the Red Cross Red Crescent to provide our community with general safety resources. These resources, applicable in 191 countries, were developed by the Red Cross Red Crescent's Global Disaster Preparedness Center, which is an international reference center created to build a global community for disaster preparedness innovation and learning.
In an emergency situation, contact local police or emergency services immediately.
From hiking to surfing, physical safety is important. Below are some best practices and tips to help keep people safe during physical activities. You’re the expert on the activities you’re leading—you should always think about what more you can do to keep everyone safe.
What to bring for guests
Here are some items to consider using for every kind of physical activity:
- Water or electrolyte sports beverages
- First aid kit
- Ice packs
- Blood pressure monitor
- Your country’s first aid app
- Your country’s hazards app
How to prepare guests before the activity
Provide guidance to your guests on how to be prepared for physical activities. Be sure to specify the level of difficulty for the activity in terms of time, distance, altitude, and effort.
- Remind guests of the intensity level and skill level required for this experience
- Share an appropriate age range depending on the activity
- Identify the closest medical center in case of an emergency
- Check the forecast and suggest your participants wear appropriate clothing and shoes
Here are some practical recommendations you can share with them:
- Sleep properly (6–8 hours) the night before the activity
- Avoid drinking alcohol or taking any substances that might affect their heart rate and awareness
- Have a substantial and healthy meal before the activity (ex: fruits, protein, carbohydrates)
- Avoid food with grease and with spices that might irritate the stomach
Things to keep in mind during the activity
During the activity, it’s important to regularly check in on the physical conditions of your participants. You can also share some tips with guests to help keep them healthy. These include:
- Before starting a physical activity, warm-up and stretch the body for at least for 10 minutes
- Check blood pressure and breathing frequency minutes beforehand
- Have a good amount of water or electrolyte sports beverages within reach (it isn't recommended to drink liquids all the time, only when needed)
- Use sunblock, wear hats, and protect the skin from the sun by standing under shaded areas when possible
- Write down an emergency contact number (having a simple emergency card will ensure time to reach a family member or friend—sometimes accessing emergency contact numbers on mobile phones takes more time)
- Be aware of surroundings and keep belongings close by
- In outdoor activities share your location through mobile apps, devices, or GPS transmitters—in some areas, the mobile network could be inefficient, so it’s a good idea to ask your guests to share their location with you as the host, as well as a relative who is not attending the activity
Tips for after the activity
After physical activity, the human body needs a cool down phase. Here are some tips to share with your guests:
- Drink water or electrolyte sports beverages until they feel satisfied
- Eat healthy food that provides energy such as fruits, nuts, almonds, and protein bars
- Pain in any part of the body could be a sore muscle—if the pain persists, it is recommended to check with a doctor
- Headaches could be a sign of dehydration, which means it's important to drink water or an electrolyte sports beverage
We recommend that all guests and hosts engaging in an experience prepare an emergency plan in case of a natural disaster or any other kind of emergency that could occur during an experience. Find out more about making an emergency plan.
Airbnb provided trip protections
All multi-day trips include 24/7 community support. We also maintain $1,000,000 USD of liability insurance under our Experience Protection Insurance program, in order to provide hosts and guests with peace of mind (certain exclusions apply). Additionally, in the event of a life-threatening injury, we also have partnered with an emergency medevac provider that may be activated to reach an injured party to support a medically necessary evacuation.
American Red Cross and the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC): Courtesy of the American Red Cross and International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. ©2019 The American National Red Cross. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
The American Red Cross and International Federation of the Red Cross Red Crescent name and emblem are used with its permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement, express or implied, of any product, service, company, opinion or political position. The American Red Cross logo is a registered trademark owned by The American National Red Cross. For more information about the American Red Cross, visit redcross.org.
- Istruzzjonijiet•Organizzatur tal-EsperjenziPariri tas-sigurtà għall-Organizzaturi tal-Esperjenzi ta' AirbnbSkopri kif tibni pjan tas-sigurtà għall-parteċipanti tiegħek u ikseb ftit informazzjoni u pariri dwar l-ewwel għajnuna.
- Istruzzjonijiet•Organizzatur tal-EsperjenziPariri għall-ewwel għajnunaSir af iktar dwar is-sħubija ta' Airbnb mas-Salib l-Aħmar, dwar il-linji gwida għall-kaxex tal-ewwel għajnuna u dwar kif għandek toffri l-ew…
- Istruzzjonijiet•Organizzatur tal-EsperjenziX'għandi bżonn inkun naf bħala organizzatur ta' Esperjenza jew Avventura ta' Airbnb f'żona remota?L-Organizzaturi li jmexxu esperjenzi f'żoni remoti jafu jkunu jeħtieġu xi ħiliet jew ċertifikazzjonijiet speċjali, taħriġ tal-ewwel għajnuna…