Join a local Host Club: Want to connect with Hosts in your area to get tips and advice? It’s easy—join your community’s official Host Group on Facebook!
When deciding whether to become an Airbnb host, it's important for you to understand the laws in your city. As a platform and marketplace we do not provide legal advice, but we want to provide some useful links that may help you better understand laws and regulations in Austin. This list is not exhaustive, but it should give you a good start in understanding your local laws. If you have questions, contact the Code Compliance office or other city agencies directly, or consult a local lawyer or tax professional.
- Short Term Rental Licensing. Owners of Short-Term Rentals (STRs) in Austin are required to obtain an operating license. The City of Austin defines an STR as the rental of a residential unit or accessory building for less than 30 consecutive days. The City’s STR flyer and checklist are available here. The City’s information page is available here.
- Hotel Occupancy Taxes. The licensing process requires hosts to pay hotel occupancy taxes where applicable. Information about the Austin hotel tax is available here. Additional information about state hotel taxes is available here.
- Other Rules. It is also important to understand and abide by other contracts or rules that bind you, such as leases, condo board or co-op rules, HOA rules, or rules established by tenant organizations. Please read your lease agreement and check with your landlord if applicable.
We are committed to working with local officials to help them understand how Airbnb benefits our community. Where needed, we will continue to advocate for changes that will allow regular people to rent out their own homes.
Last updated: January 21, 2015
- Austin, TexasPaġna tal-Hosting Responsabbli ġewwa Austin, Texas.
- Il-ġbir u l-ħlas tat-taxxi fuq l-okkupanza minn Airbnb ġewwa TexasDan huwa dak li għandek tkun taf dwar il-ġbir u l-ħlas tat-taxxa fuq l-okkupanza fiż-żona tiegħek.
- Houston, TXJekk qed taħsibha ssirx Host ta' Airbnb, hawn għandek ftit informazzjoni biex ngħinuk tifhem il-liġijiet tal-belt tiegħek