Currently Closed by Order of the Governor, Through June 30, 2020.
This graceful home, is built in the shape of a naturally cooled, Hawaiian Thatched House, with fresh windward breezes circulating through the entire building. It has more than 70 tinted, louvered glass screened windows to regulate the temperature inside and keep insects outside.
FREE PARKING! This home is located at our Primary Residence.
A bottle of Rubbing Alcohol and Hydrogen Peroxide with sprayer are provided. We sanitize and disinfect regularly. High contact areas within the home are sanitized before you arrive. Examples: door knobs, light switches, railings, bathroom fixtures, handles and knobs, toilet flush levers remote controls, counter tops, window pulls and smart lock keys. We sanitize and disinfect before you arrive.
The memory of your first step into this Amazing and Charming, landmark Home will remain with you. The huge living area with it's 18 foot high vaulted ceiling is an experience! We place chocolate treats at your bedside, for your enjoyment before you go to bed for the evening.
Relax and light a few candles on the lanai, next to the rain forest. This is a peaceful place to enjoy your favorite beverage or wine, during your stay. Can you smell the juicy, tender rib eye steak or fresh fish on the outdoor grill? Just relax and take a deep breath of the fresh Hawaiian air, while cool trade wind breezes gently float your stress into the adolescent forrest trees.
This home is surrounded with flowers, fruit trees and aromatic herbs. Please help yourself to anything in the garden that is seasonally available, while you stay here.
The temperature within the house is always 10 - 15 degrees cooler than the outside during the day, and 10 degrees warmer inside in the evening. This home is remarkable! It circulates fresh air throughout the building by exhausting warm air through air vents in the roofing. A working model of this building is located on the University of Hawaii's Manoa Campus on the island of Oahu.
In addition, there are numerous ceiling and pedestal or wall mounted fans, for your added comfort. No air conditioning is necessary in this building.
Water Filtration is provided in the kitchen through two water purification units. There are purified water dispensers at the kitchen sink and at the refrigerator ice and water dispenser.
The water at this home comes from up country water wells that draw fresh water, hundreds of feet below the surface of the island. This water is naturally filtered by thousands of layers of solid lava rock, providing a pure and sweet tasting water. We challenge our visitors to sample the water right out of the water faucet. Filtered water is also provided from the filtered water dispenser.
Parking: There is lots and lots of Free Driveway Parking at our property. We suggest the most convenient parking is in the rear of the building, just four steps to the Kitchen entry door. Please feel free to park anywhere that is convenient for you.
*Some amenities or services may be discontinued, deleted or added without prior notice at the discretion of the hosts.*
For guests who stay a minimum of three (3) nights or more: We will provide ingredients for your first breakfast- (one time only) of:
• Hawaiian Portuguese Sausage
• Belgian Waffles or Loaf of Hawaiian Sweet Bread
• Large Eggs
• Fruit platter Papaya wedges
• Fruit bowl of assorted seasonal fruit
• K cup Coffee Pods for Keurig Machines, a bag of Hawaiian blend coffee, tea
• Condiments, sugar, creamer, spices, salt, cooking oil
Other Goodies for every reservation:
• A bottle of wine (red or white, fruity or dry)
• A box of Hawaiian Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nut Candy
• Tea & Coffee
• Fruit platter of locally grown papaya
• Fruit bowl of assorted seasonal fruit
• Chocolates at your Bedside
Lots and lots of conveniences are provided for you.
We also provide the shampoo, conditioner and body wash with our compliments.
Washer & dryer with FREE laundry detergent & fabric softener sheets.
Entertainment and Communication
• 100 Mbps Internet & Wifi
• Spectrum Cable Television Service
• Netflix (FREE)!!
• Blu-ray video streaming players (3)
• Four High Definition TV's. Large Smart TV in the living room.
• Bluetooth Speakers (3)
• Three person swinging lounger
• Multiple USB chargers throughout the home
• RCA Quad Core Tablet (video stream Karaoke music system)
• Digital keyboard & Acoustic guitars (4) & music books
• One case of bottled water (24 bottles) for your day trips
Fully Stocked Kitchen:
• Two Keurig Coffee Machines (one in the Master Bedroom)
• Drip Coffee Maker
• An assortment of coffee pods, tea, creamer and sweeter provided!
• Electric dishwasher with cube detergent pods
• Microwave & toaster oven
• Rice cookers, coffee press, drip coffee maker
• Crock Pot Slow Cooker (10 qt),
• Juicer, blenders, toaster, toaster oven and electric skillet. Belgian Waffle Maker.
• BBQ grill (gas) - 4 Burners on the lanai with an extra cylinder of propane gas.
• Gas Range - cook top (4 Burners) and gas oven (Heavy Duty)
• 25 c.f. Side by Side Refrigerator with Ice Dispenser and Purified (Cold) Water Dispenser
For The Music Lover
• Electronic Key Board, with full size keys
• Four guitars, music books
• Karaoke System (Tablet Computer) hooked up into the audio system
• Thousands of unlimited, video streaming Karaoke songs of your choice
• Three Blue Tooth Speakers
For Your Comfort:
• Bathroom Scale
• Steam Irons (2) and Ironing Boards
• Hair Dryers (4)
• Hair Curling Iron (2)
• Ear Plugs (comfortable memory foam)
• Shampoo, Conditioner, Shaving Cream
• Razors, Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, Mouth Wash
• Hydrogen Peroxide & Rubbing Alcohol
• First Aid Kit
• Fire Extinguisher(2)
For the children:
• Two high chairs
• 2 Pack n play, 2 Bassinet/crib
• Baby Bath
• Assortment of engaging toys, including beach toys for toddlers
• DVD movie collection
• Crayons and construction paper
• Two collapsible baby strollers
The house is safe for children, with child proof safety cabinet doors, and safety gate at the top of the stairs.
For the Beach & Nature Activities:
• Beach Gear and Children's Sand Toys:
• Beach Umbrellas and collapsible chairs
• Mats, Snorkeling Gear, Soft Body Boards, Flotation Noodles and Life vests
• Coolers, Ice Packs, Beach Towels, Sunscreen and Bug Spry. First Aid Kits
For Star Gazing and Mountain Activities
• Warm Winter Coats(25) assorted sizes
• Thermos Bottles (2) for Hot Beverages
• Umbrellas (6) Collapsible chairs
• Two large 360 square foot bedrooms on the second floor
• Bedroom 1 (Queen size bed)
• Bedroom 2 (two Full size beds)
• Half Bedroom (two Twin size beds on the ground floor (off the living room)
• Full Size Futon Mattress Bed and Twin Roll away bed available (By request).
• Please let us know ahead of your reservation if you want these to be set-up and ready for you when you arrive.
Bathrooms on the ground floor and 2nd floor - with tub and shower combination.
Please contact us should you need our accommodation for eight or more people.
This Airbnb is located in the center of most East Hawaii points of interest:
This place is more central to the different sights you want to explore while on the East side. This location is closer to the New Black Sand Beach, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, The Green Sands Beach, and the Lava Flows of 2018, much closer than if you stayed in Hilo.
YOU MUST HAVE A CAR to visit these points of interest.
Hilo International Airport 10 miles (12 - 15 minute drive with no traffic).
Kona International Airport 82 miles (1 hour 40 minutes drive).
The rugged Pacific Ocean Coastline is 4 miles away (no swimming beach).
The Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Main Entrance 35-40 minute drive to the West.
Many beaches for children, snorkeling, surfing, and swimming are located 15 minutes drive near Hilo, and to the South (30 minute drive) at the world's newest black sand beach at the Isaac Hale County Beach Park.
Punaluu Black Sand Beach Park to the West about 40 minutes drive.
Shopping & Restaurants are Located in Pahoa (10 Minutes Drive), Keaau (5 Minutes Drive, and Hilo (15 to 20 Minutes Drive) with no traffic. Our Airbnb is located in a Country Community and not in a City.
There is easy access to our Airbnb property from the Highway 130. This highway is very busy and is the only highway into our Puna District. Highway 130 services a huge number of residence who travel to Hilo daily. The highway is very busy especially during the Morning and Evening Rush Hours. It probably will be difficult to make a left turn on to Highway 130 from our driveway, during the morning and evening rush hours. We recommend that guests make a right turn drive to the next intersection and circle back to the traffic signal light and make a left turn there. It only takes 3 to four additional minutes and it is so safe. Please drive safely and carefully when departing and returning to our place from the highway.
A RENTAL CAR is NECESSARY to travel the island. Restaurants, food shopping, farmer's markets and entertainment a Short Drive north or south from the guest house. The island is so huge, you won't be able to walk to visit the sites on the Island. We are located in a rual/country setting. We are not located in a city.
Children, 2 years and older are considered additional guests, and subject to additional guest fees. We will accommodate one (1) infant (less than two years of age) at no charge. Please notify us about the infant in your group, so we may set up the play pen and bassinet/crib or floor mattress for your accommodation.
For extra guests beyond 2, an additional fee of $15.00 - $20.00 per person per day will apply. These rates will change according to the time of year.
Our daily pricing is itemized and includes Hawaii State taxes, 10.25% Transit Accommodation Tax and 4.712% General Excise Tax. All tax is included in your rental fee.
Located on a large acre size lot in the Hawaiian Paradise Park Community. The rugged ocean cliffs of Hawaiian Paradise Park is a close 5 minute drive from this location. There is no swimming in our community. Nearest swimming beach is in Hilo (15-20 minute drive, Restaurants, food shopping, farmer's markets and entertainment a short drive north or south from the guest house.
In Keaau there is a Farmer's Market that is open seven days a week. Nearly all produce is organic. Please inquire before purchasing.
Tip ta' Kamra
Tip ta' Proprjetà
Keaau, Hawaii, United States